The Emissions Management Tool supports RBA members’ emission calculations, demystifies the complexity of GHG management, and advances member and supplier sustainability efforts.
In partnership with Optera, the Emissions Management Tool will capture essential environmental data and engage tens of thousands of entities worldwide to transform industry response to climate change.
Using established trading relationships, suppliers can easily complete their GHG inventory one time and share results with their RBA customers. The data collected will follow stringent security protocols to protect confidential information. The RBA and Optera are both ISO/IEC 27001 certified.
The Emissions Management Tool includes:
- A surveying tool to capture essential emission data across RBA members and their suppliers
- A guided emissions calculator to enable respondents to develop their own inventory
- Dashboards and reports to provide insights on reported information
- Increased visibility into your suppliers' GHG emissions
- Timelier data collection to improve speed and actionability
- Streamlined engagement, and reduced survey fatigue, for suppliers
- Trusted methodology and emission factors backed by established data sources
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost to use the tool?
No, the tool is free to RBA members and their suppliers.
Can initiative-only members use the tool as well?
At this time the EMT is only available to RBA members and their suppliers.
Are suppliers required to have RBA-Online accounts?
RBA members can add suppliers that don’t have RBA-Online accounts manually or by importing a list from Excel. Instructions on how to add suppliers can be found in our member resource hub.
Note that using a supplier that has an RBA-Online profile will greatly improve the chances of a response and reduce the chance they receive duplicate requests.
Is there a limit on how many suppliers can be added?
No, RBA members can add as many suppliers as they like.
Is the tool available in multiple languages?
Although the platform is currently only available in English, there are PDF copies of the survey questions in Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese.
For additional information or assistance, contact EmissionsTool@responsiblebusiness.org.