Benefits of Participation
For downstream companies:
- Compare the sustainability practices, standards and third-party assurance schemes used by businesses in your supply chain relatively and against the normative benchmark;
- Identify which materials and geographies are applicable to the various standards;
- Engage suppliers beyond the first supply chain tier levels, raise awareness of and encourage the adoption of progressive risk management practices.
For minerals and metals producers and processors:
- Communicate risk management practices and performance to their downstream customers;
- Compare risk management practices and performance against a benchmark based on existing best-in-class standards.
- Facilitate better understanding of sustainability practices among businesses at different points in the supply chain and encourage dialogue to achieve greater sustainability impacts;
- Encourage harmonization, equivalencies and cross-recognition of standards between voluntary initiatives, leveraging comparative strengths and avoiding “audit fatigue” where possible;
- Identify the best-in-class practices among businesses in the mining, minerals and metals supply chain and thereby inspire a "race to the top" for sustainable business performance.
For more information, please contact Leah Butler.