EICC and other groups will co-convene the event; free registration is now open
ALEXANDRIA, Va., March 21, 2016 – The Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), a nonprofit coalition of leading electronics companies dedicated to supply chain responsibility, today announced that it is co-convening a one-day, multi-industry forum in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on April 5 to examine the risks and challenges facing businesses regarding forced labor, and consider how those risks might be effectively mitigated in global supply chains. To increase awareness of this important topic across industries, the EICC is offering free admittance to this event.
EICC partners in this event, “Combating Forced Labor in Global Supply Chains: A Multi-Industry Forum,” include the Institute for Human Rights and Business (IHRB), Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), and the International Organization for Migration (IOM).
Confirmed speakers include:
- U.S. Ambassador to Malaysia Joseph Y. Yun.
- Jeremy Prepscius, Vice President, Asia-Pacific, BSR
- Michael Vaudreuil, Senior Programs Director, Verité
- Neill Wilkins, Programme Manager, Migrant Workers and Work With Dignity, Institute for Human Rights and Business (IHRB)
- Lara White, Senior Labour Migration Specialist, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Marie Apostol, Founder and CEO, The Fair Hire Initiative
- Harinder Jeet Kaur, Social Responsibility Director, Molex
- Wan Zailena, Senior Director, Human Resources, Western Digital
- Marissa Pagnani, VP, Corporate Responsibility, PVH
- Greg Priest, Head of Sustainability Policy, IKEA
- Jeff Lough, Vice President, Responsible Sourcing, Retail & Operations, Walmart
Through a series of practical and relevant case studies presented by leading companies across multiple industries, this event will give participants clear insights into the extent and nature of modern day slavery, tactics and challenges in identification, and some of the innovative solutions that aim to eliminate it. View the full agenda here.
Space is limited and registration is required, so RSVP as soon as possible: Register for the Multi-Industry Forum here.
For additional information about this event, please contact Carlos Busquets.
The EICC is a nonprofit coalition of leading electronics companies dedicated to the social, environmental and ethical responsibility of their global supply chains. EICC members commit and are held accountable to a common Code of Conduct and utilize a range of training and assessment tools to support continuous improvement. The EICC is comprised of more than 110 electronics companies, representing 17 different sectors from consumer brands to smelters, with combined annual revenue of greater than $4.5 trillion, and directly employing over 6 million people. For more information, visit www.responsiblebusiness.org and follow @EICCoalition.